Can’t find a tour that’s a perfect match for your class? The Nelson-Atkins is pleased to provide an option for schools and youth-serving organizations, the Teacher-led Tour. This tour enables educators to build their own custom tour from scratch as a way to meet curricular goals at the museum. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box—from mummies to Mannerism, our collection has something for everyone.
How does it work?
- Schedule your tour online at least three weeks prior to your visit.
- Teacher-led tours are for grades 3-12, Wednesday-Sunday only.
- Prior to your visit, you will select 4 or fewer galleries that you wish to explore with your students. You will identify these galleries on the tour request form. We will not be able to reserve your tour date until you identify your galleries.
- You will receive a printed confirmation letter in the mail about one week after your online registration.
- Click here to sign up for a Teacher-led Tour.
- Click here for Teacher-led tour guidelines.