Support the Museum—Gift Planning
Life is Short, Art is Long
The Museum proudly announces the creation of The William Rockhill Nelson Society, a planned giving Society. Each year, friends of the Nelson-Atkins provide for the Museum through their wills, estate plans or life income arrangements. These gifts are a lasting legacy for the Museum and the community.
Founding members of The William Rockhill Nelson Society receive satisfaction knowing that they helped secure the future of the institution through a deferred gift; recognition on the Patrons’ Permanent Fund donor wall (for commitments of $100,000+); lifetime recognition in the Museum’s annual report as a founding member; invitations to donor events and potentially substantial income, estate and gift benefits.
Gifts that qualify for membership in The William Rockhill Nelson Society. A minimum commitment of $25,000 (present value) is required.
- A documented bequest in your will, living trust or revocable trust
- A charitable remainder trust with the Museum as remainderman
- A charitable lead trust with the Museum as lead beneficiary and your heirs as remaindermen
- A gift or assignment of life insurance
- A current or future gift of real estate
- A gift of closely-held stock
for a confidential, no obligation consultation about gift planning.