Society of Fellows
The Society of Fellows (SOF) are legacy makers who invest in the future of the Nelson-Atkins, helping shape this cultural anchor of Kansas City.
Their generous philanthropic support and personal involvement help ensure free access to the renowned collection, cultural festivals, scholarly lectures, and more to half a million visitors each year.
Members are our art & soul. Come thrive and inspire with us.
Membership begins at $1,250. Memberships may not be refunded or transferred to another person.
Buying a membership for someone else? Click to go to our gift membership page.
- 6 member cards
- Invitations to exhibition openings and signature programs
- Reciprocal privileges at 1000+ museums
- Free exhibition tickets for members and guests each visit (limit 20 total tickets)
- Opportunity to participate in the Committee of 100 (C100) at no additional cost
- $1,150 tax deductible
- Exclusive curator tour with guests
- 20% off museum rental
- Dedicated concierge phone line
- Early bird access to the Mary Atkins Lecture series
- Opportunity to participate in the Collector’s Circle at no additional cost
- All the benefits of SOF Patron
- $2,870 tax deductible
- Honor roll listing on Bloch Lobby digital screens
- Complimentary catalogue for all featured exhibitions
- 30% off museum rental
- All the benefits of SOF Nelson Society
- $4,840 tax deductible
- Private tour with the Director with cocktails in the executive office
- VIP parking for member programs
- 50% off museum rental
- All the benefits of SOF Benefactor
- $9,840 tax deductible
- Annual Director’s Circle dinner in the Cloister
- Travel opportunities with the Director
- 1 free annual rental per year
- Invitations to view local collections, visit artist studios, and more
- All the benefits of SOF Ambassador
- $23,770 tax deductible
- Private, behind the scenes tour with Director of Curatorial Affairs
- All the benefits of SOF Director’s Circle
- $48,770 tax deductible
- Personal meeting with Board of Trustees and museum leadership
- All the benefits of the SOF President
- $98,770 tax deductible